SDAFP’s Vision is to transform healthcare to achieve optimal health for everyone.
Mission and Purpose
The mission of the South Dakota Academy of Family Physicians is to improve the health of patients, families and communities by serving the needs of members with professionalism and creativity. (revised 2008) Purposes in support of this mission are:
- To provide responsible advocacy for and education of patients and the public in all health-related matters;
- To preserve and promote quality cost-effective health care;
- To promote the science and art of family medicine and to ensure an optimal supply of well-trained family physicians;
- To promote and maintain high standards among physicians who practice family medicine;
- To preserve the right of family physicians to engage in medical and surgical procedures for which they are qualified by training and experience;
- To provide access to cost effective state of the art quality care;
- To provide advocacy, representation and leadership for the specialty of family medicine;
- To maintain and provide an organization with high standards to fulfill the above purposes and to represent the needs of its members.
3912 Golf Course Road
Watertown, SD 57201